My Eco Wedding in Africa Headline Animator

Monday, January 4, 2010

Trends and variations in eco friendly weddings in africa






             Vintage Wedding Themes

Yesterday, I discussed the colours that would be associated with the various wedding trends for 2010.  Today I will illustrate some of the accessories.  If you have decided to go for vintage, incorporate birdcage veils, antique jewellry, mismatched dresses with a flapper theme, or 20's look and lastly add gloves.  Here are some inspiration images.

Some other wonderful vintage ideas, is trawling vintage stores to find vintage fabric for linen napkins.  Linen napkins are something that you can keep for years and they would also make beautiful Christmas and Birthday gifts, later on.





Eco Friendly Wedding Themes

Oooh I actually get excited to write about this, and find myself having to hold back.  Today, I am discussing accessories to the themes that are hot for 2010, so that is all I am allowing myself to discuss.  Eco friendly trends include plantable seed favors, bird seed favors, recycled favors, recycled stationary, e-invites and albums, beautiful beach and garden settings, in forests or on farms. Lanterns, seasonal flowers, rental companies and led lighting.  Once again, I have had to restrain myself, because I could truly go on and on.  The joy of planning and wanting an eco friendly wedding theme, is that you can be as creative as you want to be, showcasing your crafty talents.  Here are some inspirational ideas.

Rustic Wedding Themes


Rustic Wedding Themes

This is a fun theme and can be held anywhere from a barn, to a bush getaway or safari or tent.  The colors here are sunshine yellow, rust, cinammon and emerald green.  Unfurnished wood, chic boots, lanterns and mason jars, herbs, borrowed, mismatched vases, long barn like tables and cupcakes.  Food should be simple and tasty.


Here are some great inspirational images that I really enjoyed.  Please be aware that these images do not belong to me and are only for the purpose of my blog.  You can find them elsewhere on the internet on wedding blogs and sites.  I only use them to inspire my own creations.

Remember there are some fantastic outdoor venues and places in South Africa and you would literally be walking outside of your front door.  Sure if you live in Johannesburg, you might have to travel a couple of km's, but you are sure to find some very beautiful places.  South Africa also has some really on the ball rental companies, who will set up any kind of tent, put out the chairs for the ceremony, supply tables and decor items to fit your theme.  All you need is the caterer and the florist and you are already on your way to the wedding of your dreams.  These people are here to make your day easier and to create a comfortable and easy wedding.

Be the change you want to see in others.


Faye





1 comment:

  1. I arrived here just surfing. Congratulations on Your nice site and best wishes from an Estonian living in Italy

    ReplyDelete

analytics