My Eco Wedding in Africa Headline Animator

Friday, January 29, 2010

Eco Wedding Categories

I know that the idea can be daunting because the concept is new and information and suppliers for green weddings seem to be in hiding.  I have spoken to a number of suppliers and will be discussing each section and adding suppliers at a later stage, so keep checking back to source possible service providers.



  • Jewelry: Fair Trade and Recycled Jewelry.
  • Invitations and Stationery: Recycled Paper, E-Invites and E-albums. 
  • Beauty and Health: Organic, Fair Trade and Bio-degradable packaging.
  • Venues and Transportation: Have ceremony and wedding in one place reducing driving.  Use horse drawn carriage for your entrance.
  • Bridal Attire: Rent, rent, rent! or if you must buy use fair trade fabrics that are eco friendly like silk, hemp or cotton.
  • Bridesmaids Attire: Let your bridesmaids wear there own dresses, just apply a colour scheme.
  • Table settings and decor: Rent, rent, rent.  Once again, try not to buy anything, its not necessary, use suppliers to rent all your tables, tents, chairs and decorations.  They have spared no expense when they bought the goods and you can probably find linen tablecloths and napkins, silverware, crockery, candelabras etc.
  •  Flowers:  Use organic, seasonal and local florists.  Donate to a charity or old age home thereafter.
  •  Catering:  Local and organic.  Check with your caterer or venue that they only use local produce and that the most of the food and drink is organic. (Next blog will be on organic wines)
  • Favors:  Make your own, my absolute favorite at the moment are the bird seed hearts.  They are very easy to make and look so beautiful. 
  • Gifts: If you are just starting out choose an on line eco friendly registry or keep looking at my blog and I will show you some really amazing products that are eco certified. However, you could also give people the option to donate to a charity of your choice.  If you already have everything, this would be a wonderful initiative.  
  • Photography:  This is really simple, keep all the photographs digital, this way you only print the photographs that you love and you can post them with ease to your online wedding album.  Be sure to send me some of your photographs, so that I can show the world, your green wedding.
  • Honeymoons:  Try and keep your honeymoon local and make it an eco adventure.  Remember that offsetting your flights and encourage your guests to do the same, if they have flown to your wedding.
  • Green Planner:  Use my green wedding planner to get more in depth information.



During the next few months, I will be showcasing and testing a number of products from local suppliers, for you.  I am hoping that you will eventually be able to find all the information you would need on my blog and my website.  My website www.myecowedding.co.za will be up and running soon, so keep watching this space.  I will also be allocating eco wedding hearts to each supplier or service provider, under the various categories.  At the moment I am investigating South African organic wine farms.  They will be providing their contact details so that you can purchase the wines directly from them.


Thanks for coming by and remember "be the change that you want to see in the world"


Faye
These images have been found on the web and do not belong to me, nor do I claim them as my own.  I do have to say though, they are beautiful and you can get some fabulous ideas from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

analytics